Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fall Decorating

Since it's officially fall, I got my fall decorating box out yesterday. I realized that I don't have very many fall decorations and buying them can get expensive. I see really gorgeous wreaths at different stores, but they're so expensive that I can't bring myself to buy one! So, here are some tips on how to make your own wreath. This one is for fall, but I think it could go all the way through winter if you stick with the red color scheme. I got this idea from the Better Homes & Gardens website, where there are lots of fun crafting ideas!


Huckleberry Wreath
1. Insert the branches into a round plastic-foam base, or use a bit of glue to hold the pieces more securely in place.
2. Attach winterberries, highbush cranberries, sumac leaves, and dried amaranthus as the finishing touch.

Updating the exterior of your home with the seasons really makes your home stand out, especially if it's on the market, so get out there and "fall into decorating!"

No comments: