Monday, September 29, 2008

Mum's the Word

If you're like me, you love the colors of fall mums, but can't keep anything alive! I would love to plant some fall flowers but let's be honest, with my luck, they're dead in a week. That's why I think I've decided to buy some potted mums for my front door, to bring in a little color! For some reason I feel like I can keep a potted flower alive for longer and I don't have to get my hands dirty!

I found a great article in the Oklahoman today by Rod Moesel that says, "Hardy mums are stars of the fall garden. Many varieties are bursting into color, and most will stay showy until the first hard freeze in November. You can buy them now, in color, at your local nursery. They are available in hundreds of varieties and a rainbow of colors including yellow, bronze, ruby red, pink, orange, white and lavender."


So I may go out and look for some beautiful fall potted flowers today, those displays at Under the Sun are just too gorgeous!

No comments: